Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm BOOOOORED!

Do you ever get tired of hearing those words come out of your child's mouth?

I DO!

How can he possibly be THAT bored ALL the time?

He has a little brother that is a built in best friend.
He has a room full of enough toys to supply a third world nation with fun for a week.
He has plenty of movies to watch.
A Wii. (I thought as a mother I would be begging my children to STOP playing video games.... not begging them to start!)

Why is it that as soon as mommy sits down to do ANYTHING.... BAM! Thats when they need to talk, need me to get a toy, need a snack, a drink, a bandaid.....

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Do your kids ever beg and cry to stay at Grandma's house? Like going to your own house is like going to prison?

How about "playing quietly in your room" scenario? Does that ever actually happen? I will let you know when they play quietly in their room for more than 2 and a half minutes.... still hasn't happened yet!

No wonder I have 20 unfinished projects, 5 baskets of unfolded clothes, a sink full of dishes and my mind is only of half capacity.

All I have to say is when do the "I want to be like June Cleaver" classes start? I honestly wish I could walk around in heels (with a cute apron), vacuuming and smiling pleasantly at my adorable little children. But wait! That was when children went to play outside with other children!!! My kids hate the backyard and sending them outside to play with other children sounds quite dangerous, if you ask me!

Now I have another child standing next to me asking me to help find his compass....

I am sure I will look back fondly on this time of my life, eventually. RIGHT????

That's what I keep telling myself, anyways.

No comments: